WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OVERDRAFTS AND OVERDRAFT FEES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but the bank pays the item. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account, which include paying overdrafts at the banks discretion for checks, automatic bills, ACH's, ATM withdrawals and Debit Card transactions.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our overdraft practices. We will no longer automatically authorize and pay overdrafts resulting from everyday ATM or Debit Card transactions.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We will authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number.
- Automatic bill payments.
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you complete and submit this consent form (see below):
- ATM transactions.
- Everyday Debit Card transactions (excludes all checks and automatic bill payments)
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will authorize or pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize or pay an overdraft on your debit card transaction, your transaction will be immediately declined at the point of sale or ATM.
What fees will be charged if Summit Community Bank pays my overdraft?
- We will charge you a fee of $32.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is a maximum limit of 6 overdraft transaction fees $192.00 per day, that we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
- If an item causes your account to be overdrawn no more than $5.00, we will waive the overdraft fee for that transaction.
What if I want Summit Community Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and one time Debit Card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on your everyday ATM and debit card transactions please complete the form below and submit.