August 13, 2020
Summit Community Bank clients: Please note that if you received a message from online banking stating that an attempt was made to compromise your account within the last day or so, we have verified with our security partners that NO accounts have been compromised and your account(s) remains secure.
If you have any questions regarding your account or about any message received, please contact us at 1-877-776-9722.
Remember at Summit Community Bank, your account security is a top priority. We actively monitor and protect your private banking information, keeping it safe against security threats, fraud attempts and/or suspicious activity.
How to Protect Yourself from Fraud:
While scammers are getting smarter with how they steal your personal information, we think it's important that you know that staying informed is your first line of defense. By keeping on top of your transactions, you can spot any suspicious activity. And with Summit's online banking and mobile app, you can view your transactions 24/7.
As always, we recommend that you review your statements and detailed account information regularly to help combat fraud:
- Monitor your bank statements monthly.
- Review your credit report at least once a year.
- Maintain up to date anti-virus on your computer systems at all times that access financial websites.
- DO NOT RE-USE PASSWORDS THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR AT OTHER WEBSITES! Websites can be compromised and your password will be exposed.
- Change your password every 30 days.
- Do not utilize words in your password such as Password1.
- Never provide your account number or username/password in any written communication to the bank. This is especially true of email.
- Watch out for copycat websites that deliberately use a name or web address very similar to, but not the same as the real one. The intent is to lure you into clicking through to their website and giving out your personal information, such as a bank account number, credit card number or Online Banking login information.
- Always use your pre-established link to access websites. Never click on a link contained in an email.
- Utilize Account and Balance Alerts to be notified via phone, e-mail and or SMS text messages when activity occurs on the account.
- We also highly recommend the use of our Security Alerts, such as:
♦ Alert me when an invalid password for my login ID is submitted.
♦ Alert me when my user login is locked out.
♦ Alert me when my user profile is updated.
For more detail regarding Fraud and how to Protect Yourself, please visit our Security Center.