Welcome to Summit Community Bank.
The acquired MVB Bank locations will be joining the Summit Financial Group Inc. family of community banks, effective July 12, 2021. We are honored to have you as a customer, and want to assure you that your needs are our top priority. Summit will make certain you find the same familiar, friendly people to greet you and provide you with our exceptional “Service Beyond Expectations”.
Continue visit this page for additional information as it becomes available.
It is our privilege to serve you, and we look forward to meeting your financial needs both now and in the
future. Should you have any questions, please call us at (877) 77-MYSCB or (877-776-9722).
Online banking will become available on Monday, July 12th at 8:00am.
Please Note: If you currently have an online banking login with MVB Bank, you will NOT need to re-enroll for Summit’s Online Banking. Your Online banking login and password will remain the same unless notified. However, the first time you log in to Summit’s Online Banking you will be prompted to create a new password.
MVB QuickBooks, Quicken And Mint Users
Notice Concerning FDIC Deposit Insurance
As of July 9, 2021, Summit Community Bank acquired four branches of MVB Bank. All deposits continued to be FDIC insured up to the maximum amount allowed. In addition, for six months after the acquisition, through January 7, 2022, your accounts with Summit Community Bank and your previously held accounts with MVB Bank will be insured separately, if applicable. This grace period gives a depositor the opportunity to restructure his or her accounts, if necessary.
Any Certificate of Deposit or Individual Retirement Account (CD/IRA) you have at MVB Bank will be insured separately until the earliest maturity date from any deposits you may have at Summit for a full six months, through January 7, 2022. If your CD/IRA from MVB Bank is scheduled to mature during the six-month period and is automatically renewed for the same terms and in the same dollar amount (either with or without accrued interest), it will continue to be insured separately from any Summit deposits until its next maturity date after the six-month period. If your CD/IRA from MVB Bank matures during the six-month grace period and is renewed for any other term before January 7, 2022, it will continue to be insured separately until the end of the six-month period, January 7, 2022.
The conversion from MVB Bank to Summit Community Bank will occur on the weekend of July 9-12, 2021. We are committed to making this as seamless as possible, but please be aware of the following dates when planning your financial activities.
- Thursday, July 1st
• You will have access to MVB’s Online Bill Pay until 5:00pm Thursday, July 1st.
• Online Bill Pay will be unavailable from 5:00pm Thursday, July 1st until Monday, July 12th at 8:00am.
• Any bill due after Thursday, July 1st through Monday, July 12th must be scheduled to be paid before July 1st or after July 12th.
• Any recurring transfers that are setup to be processed during those dates will not be processed so those individual transfers will need to be completed.
• Your Bill Pay information will be converted to the Summit Bill Pay System.
• If you have merchant/payee information already established on your current MVB Online Banking System, it will automatically carry over to the Summit Online Bill Pay System.
- Wednesday, July 7th - Monday, July 12th
• ATMs will be unavailable from 8:00am Wednesday, July 7th until 8:00am Monday, July 12th.
- PRIOR TO Friday, July 9th
No statements prior to conversion will be available.
Please print/save at least 2 months of statements prior to July 9th.
• Your complimentary supply of checks and deposit slips will be delivered prior to July 9, 2021.
• Your new Summit Community Bank MasterCard® debit card will be delivered prior to July 9, 2021.
- Friday, July 9th
• The acquired branches of MVB Bank will close at 12:00 noon on Friday, July 9th.
- Saturday, July 10th
• Acquired MVB branches will be closed for conversion.
• You may continue to use your current MVB Bank Debit Card until 8:00am on Monday, July 12th.
- Monday, July 12th
• Branches open as Summit Community Bank at 9:00am on Monday, July 12th.
• You can activate and begin using your new Summit Debit Card at 5:00am on July 12th.
• Summit Online Banking and Business Online Banking become available.
• Summit’s DANI (Day and Night Information) System telephone banking line becomes available at 1-800-648-2265.