As many already know, WinFirst Bank has joined the Summit Financial Group Inc. family of community banks, effective December 15, 2020. We are honored to extend our banking services and want to assure you that through this transition, serving your banking needs is our top priority.
At this time, WinFirst Bank will continue to operate under their same name and account platforms. More information will be communicated closer to the system conversion slated to occur on May 24, 2021. Please continue to check back on this site for additional information as it becomes available. In addition, information will be mailed to you directly for any important account information. Thank you again for entrusting us with your banking needs. We look forward to continuing to serve you.
Notice Concerning FDIC Deposit Insurance
Notice Concerning FDIC Deposit Insurance Effective December 15, 2020, WinFirst Bank (“WinFirst Bank”) merged with and into Summit Community Bank, Inc., Moorefield, West Virginia (“Summit Community Bank”). WinFirst Bank now operates as a branch of Summit Community Bank and will continue to use its name until we integrate our data processing systems on May 24, 2021.
Under FDIC rules, the basic FDIC insurance amount prior to the merger was $250,000 for each depositor at each bank. After WinFirst Bank merged into Summit Community Bank, the two banks became one entity. As a result, your combined total of funds deposited at Summit Community Bank must be less than $250,000 in order for your money to be fully protected.
The conversion from WinFirst Bank to Summit Community Bank will occur on the weekend of May 21-24th. We are committed to making this as seamless as possible, but please be aware of the following dates when planning your financial activities.
- Friday, May 21st
• WinFirst Bank telephone banking line will be unavailable after 12:00 noon.
• Online/Mobile banking access through WinFirst Bank will no longer be available after 12:00 noon.
• The branches of WinFirst Bank will close at 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 22nd
• WinFirst Bank branches will be closed for conversion.
You may continue to use your WinFirst Debit Card until Monday, May 24th, 5:00 a.m. EST.
- Monday, May 24th
• You can activate and begin using your new Summit Debit Card at 5:00 a.m. on May 24th.
• Summit Online Banking and Business Online Banking become available.
• Summit’s DANI (Day and Night Information System) telephone banking line becomes available.
• You can access Summit’s DANI (Day and Night Information System) at (800) 648-2265.
• Branches open as Summit Community Bank at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, May 24th.